Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bears vs. Cowboys: 12-4-2014

BEARS VS. COWBOYS: 12-4-14

Des: Welcome to another edition of the Chicago Bears football pre-game show. The Bears face off against the Dallas Cowboys, another team that also embarrassed themselves on Thanksgiving. Will the Bears and Cowboys play their best game of the year as they seek redemption in front of another national TV audience? Or will both coaches spend the game commiserating with each other about how their once-proud franchises were ruined by quarterbacks who never quite lived up to their potential?

To answer these and similar questions is our panel of experts: Concord Wainwright Peabody, Captain Silas Charles “Butterface” Redbeard, Modre- the trans-Western guru, the Prissy Minion, Doctor Sally McChesty, Ellie Mae MacGillicutty, and random street corner stench factory, Drunky McDumbAss.

Redbeard: ARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH, mateys! I be tired of thinking about the Bears or professional football. Nay, me every waking thought turns toward the Freewinds, flagship vessel of the Church of Scientology: the ultimate prize of me pirate fleet. Not only would I possess the untold wealth from the sales of the legendary E-meters, but I also would become the receptacle of the transcendent wisdom of the Operating Thetans on board the ship, which, if I read the Wikipedia entry correctly, means I should have “knowing and willing cause over life, thought, matter, energy, space, and time.”

Des: Wouldn’t it be easier just to steal some mystic ring or orb, or some kind of magical jewelry, star child, or parchment? Modre, isn’t Captain Redbeard’s quest for transcendent knowledge horning in on your turf?

Modre: “I have high hopes of smashing into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all books are destroyed.” So sayeth L. Ron Hubbard, the greatest philosopher of the 20th century. Of course, any century that has Ayn Rand on its short list of “greatest philosphers” has a pretty low bar.

Des: I apologize, Modre. Nobody could, uh, fill those, uh… is “shoes” really the best word for this idiom? I’m thinking, it’s more like Vasoline covered sandals for slip-sliding away to a better world, man.  Um, Drunky McDumbAss. Give us some us your “street wisdom.”

Drunky: Wow, Des. Those are the most offensive air quotes I’ve ever seen. But I will dignify that with a response, if by “dignify”, you mean “launch into a 24 hour circular tirade that increases in anger, incoherence, and blood alcohol content.” So… yeah…. Thursday Night games are awesome because you’re only competing against college kids in the sports bars, and I could totally take those guys on. Until I wake up duct taped to an elevator again. Whenever I find myself in an elevator, I make sure I push the elevator buttons with my knuckles so I don’t get any diseases.

Des: Drunky, I’m sure that whatever super-mega-hyper Ebola virus you’re carrying would destroy all competing infectious agents. I think that catching a cold from some tourist is the least of your health worries.

Drunky: Well, Des, what I do... what I do is I get in my car, I turn the ignition key and, 30 minutes to four days later, I wake up in my apartment. Or police car. Or Wendy’s drive through. Or church. It’s like stepping through a portal into another dimension. You never know where you’ll turn up.

Des: Inside a puddle of vomit is a pretty safe bet.

Des: All right, thank you, Drunky. Ellie Mae McGillicutty. What southern fried stocking stuffers have you brought for the holiday season?

Ellie: Funny you should say that. It’s the stocking itself that’s been deep fried to kill most of the various festering foot fungi of my extended family. Each stocking has been carefully handcrafted from the scraps of various car wash towels in the tri-county area, then loving shared with each of the 92 members of the MacGillicutty family until it no longer resembles something one would call “footwear.” Then after it’s been deep fried in the grease of some combination of hamster gizzards, pigeons, and crawfish from the bowels of Louisiana, we stuff it with butter, funnel cakes, and French fries, drizzled in a Ramen Noodle Casserole.

Des: Uh... and that’s all the time we have, boys and girls. Doctor McChesty, please fade this production to black.

Sally: Of course, L. Ron Desmo. Sit back and watch, sports fans, as the Bears face off in a game that will fail to draw more viewers than All in the Family, by which I mean The McCarthys


No comments: